Amazon is one of the finest and largest platforms for online selling and purchasing. In order to acquire both fame and fortune,numerous authors sell their books online. It is important to make sure that you take the proper steps. If not, proper results are hard to acquire. Furthermore, you must take the steps in a chronological manner.
So here are the steps you must take to get fame and wealth via book selling in Amazon.
Source Your Inventory
For selling something you need a good source or stock. Therefore, the first thing you must do is choose your source wisely. There are several sources to use as an inventory.
- Retail Stores: You can buy the books at a discount from retail stores and resell them on Amazon for a certain amount of profit. If your are a beginner, the discount gives you a fine advantage by lowering buying costs.
- Online stores: Buy books from online stores and resell them on Amazon at a certain profit.
- Wholesale: Buy a huge quantity of books altogether at a low price and then sell them individually on Amazon. This sort of inventory reduces your expenses by a certain amount and provides a better profit.
- Private Labeling: Directly buy books from a manufacturer and then add your own label. Private labeling enable you to acquire a certain level of popularity as a seller. As a result, more people will buy your products.
- Use or create your own products: This way you can have complete control over the entire procedure. Starting from mass production, to overall designing, the entire system is in your hands. This method is suitable for authors who are not willing to take the help of a publisher or designer.
Create an Amazon seller account
The first thing for entering Amazon as a seller, is to create an Amazon seller account. In any market place, in order to be a seller, you must have a seller account. There are two types of seller account available on Amazon. One is the individual seller account, and the other is the professional account.
The individual account is a free account that requires you to pay $0.99 upon every sell. In addition to that, all your sales require you to pay a total fee of 15%. On the other hand, the professional account has a monthly subscription fee of $39.99. Additional referral fees, along with variable closing fees are also present.
List Your Books on Amazon
In order to list your books on Amazon you need to follow a few steps.
Step 1: Click on “Add a Product” below the Inventory drop down menu.
Step 2: After getting into the “Add a Product” page, choose one out of three methods.
- Add a product that is already on Amazon.
- Click on “Create a new product listing” below the search box.
- Upload numerous products at once using the “bulk load” feature present at the right side of the screen.
Step 3: After clicking on “Create a new product listing” you move on to assign your new to an Amazon category. You can find the category through either the search feature or by browsing the categories.
Step 4: After you type the name of your product in the search bar, all the possible categories for the particular product will appear in front of you to choose from.
Step 5: Finally, you fill up the listing information for your product.
Ship Your Books using FBM or FBA
FBM stands for Fulfilled by Merchant, while FBA stands for Fulfilled by Amazon. Shipping by FBM refers to shipping your products to your clients by yourself, that is, you will be responsible for fulfilling the order. On the other-hand, shipping by FBA means Amazon will be responsible for fulfilling the order,
Secure positive seller feedback
There are certain things you can do to acquire a positive seller feedback
- Always answer the questions of the clients.
- Heed the concerns of the clients and take necessary steps to solve the issues.
- Ask your clients about to rate or compliment , or comment on the quality of your services.
- Make sure you are well acquainted with the amazon guidelines.
- Most importantly, be sure to be professional while communicating with your clients.
Selling traditional books is not always an easy task to do. Not all authors can acquire a large number of readers. As a result selling all copies is not always possible. An online platform makes things easier. Amazon happens to be among the finest of such platforms. So if you are looking for a way to sell books on Amazon and make a profit, follow the steps serially and thoroughly.